Fall is by far my favorite season. It beats out spring simply because there is no snow on the ground!
10 Reasons Why I Love Fall
(in no particular order)
1. The cool, crisp mornings. They are so very refreshing after a summer full of humidity. In fact, the other morning I stepped outside to get the mail and was instantly taken back to a time long ago when I was younger and waiting for the bus to go to school. It was the oddest thing. Kind of how a certain smell can remind you of something specific - but I guess temperature does it for me. lol
2. Oktoberfest - you can read about our most recent fun-filled Oktoberfest here.
3. Lower electric bills. We typically don't have the heat or AC on so our bills are always super low!
4. I get to start wearing my fuzzy lined crocs again. Yes - I look forward to this every year. They are impossible to wear in the summer.
5. Good TV! No more re-runs. Woot! I feel as though our DVR hates us though.
6. The changing of the leaves. If any of you have been lucky enough to be in Wisconsin in the fall, you know what I'm talking about. The colors are breathtaking. It's never more beautiful here than it is in the fall.
7. I can use my Pumpkin Pie & Apple Cider scented candles and not get weird looks from everyone that enters my home.
8. Jacket weather! I love jackets and I love wearing them. I think it's more of a celebration of the fact that I spend all summer long wishing I could take more off because it's so nasty outside. In the fall - putting on a jacket is something I CAN do! Ha!
9. Corn Mazes & Haunted Houses. I can't wait to go - I love being freaked out!
10. Driving with the windows down. There's nothing like getting in the car, rolling down the window, and just going. In the winter - you are out there a minimum of 10 minutes before you have to anywhere and you are freezing. In the summer, you hop in quickly - turn the air on and then stand outside the vehicle until it cools down because it's likely you could pass out if you get in.
So, there you have it. What do you like best about fall?
This was written for Mama Kat's Writing Workshop.
I chose prompt #5.

Great list!! I would use winter candles all year if I could too :-)
ReplyDeleteI agree with you on the list! I too love crunch leaves and coat weather :)
ReplyDelete