Mama Kat sent out some awesome prompts this week, but I chose 30 things you vow to do this summer.
So, here is my list.
1. Sew something. ANYTHING. Preferably something for my kid.
2. Read 10 books. I started out this year with a goal of 100 books. Uh..yeah. Not happening. I'm up to 3. TOTAL. For the year.
3. Not go over 500 minutes on my cell phone. When I was working at Sprint, I had no issues with that, and to be honest, it didn't even matter as I had unlimited minutes. Now that I'm not working, I have a measly 500 minute plan and it's just not working. I don't know how. I am never on my phone because it doesn't work correctly 80% of the time. I'm actually considering installing a landline. Cable company said it's 14.99/mo for unlimited local calling. Heck of a lot cheaper than upping my plan minutes or god forbid, going OVER my minutes.
4.Get outside every day that it isn't raining. This will be hard for me. My body can't take heat. However, I don't want to deprive my baby girl. So, we WILL go outside every day. Even if it's not until 8 pm.
5. I will take a walk every night. I need the exercise. I really do.
6. Go fishing more than just once. I want to make purchasing a fishing license actually worth it. I wouldn't even have to worry about it if the State of Wisconsin didn't make single day passes only $4 cheaper than yearly passes.
7. Turn the air on less, and open the windows more. The only issue with this is that we live right next to the interstate. When I say right next to, I mean close enough that when a semi hits their jake breaks, Our windows rattle. Mmmk? So. This will mean that the tv will have to be turned off, as we wouldn't be able to hear it without blowing out a speaker.
8. Take Paige swimming...possibly enroll her in swimming lessons. Can 2 yr olds take swimming lessons? I don't even know. Guess I should look into that huh?
9. Watch 1 movie a day. That really is like the epitome of lazy, but we have a A LOT of movies. Movies that never get watched and quite frankly were a waste of money. We haven't purchased but a handful of movies since Paige was born...so we obviously broke that habit. But..come on. We have over 500 dvds. We need to start watching them because I have the urge to sell them all at our garage sale this weekend.
10. Mow the lawn every week. Should be easy since our landlord agreed to take money off of our rent if we take care of the mowing! YAY!
11. Sit outside on the deck more often. I love doing it, but the sound from the interstate gets bothersome. I really wish we lived in the country.
12. Take Paige to the Dells. Abe would hate me for saying this, as he loathes water parks with every ounce of his being ( he worked in most of them). But hey...it's for his kid (and secretly for me) so he has to do it!
13. Go camping. Preferably on a sand bar. I will take anything though. I love camping. Also, I'd prefer to be child free while doing this.
14. Make something that I have NEVER made before. I don't have anything in mind, but Abe mentioned that I should broaden my cooking horizons and make something that didn't come out of one of my "stupid cookbooks." HOLD UP. The Pioneer Woman is not stupid and I love every single thing in that book.I know this because I have literally made EVERY SINGLE THING in it. But anywho...I will make something different. Wish me luck.
15. Get a tan. Not a really dark one, but some color would be nice.
16. Go see my family in Illinois. I don't know how we would do it, as right now there is no possible way we could do so, but I really want to. I love them all sooo much and I'm so sad that they don't get to see my little girl grow up. She has a lot of loving family around her right now, but I want her to know what I knew growing up.
17. Sit at my desk more. Aka sit up straight. I think I'm leaving a permanent indent in this couch.
18. go to the chiropractor like I am supposed to. I can't say how long it has been since I've gone, as some people will kill me. Let's just say...I think the last time I went, there was snow on the ground. This is not good for me. I know it isn't. I just can't seem to work in between Abe's work schedule. I will try though.
19. Set myself to a limit on computer time. I'm not really on it that much. Yes, the computer is on all day and open, I'm not on it however. Ask my mother, my YIM sits at idle a lot. I
20. Play more video games with Abe. I know he'd love it if I played them with him, but just as he has no interest in blogs, I have no interest in video games. Well, Okay, I take that back. There are a handful of games that I like, but I don't like them enough to put the game in and play it. No thanks. I know that he enjoys it though, so it's definitely something I will do.
21. Drink more water, less soda. I drink Sprite, and a lot of it. There is nothing better than a crisp drink of Sprite...kinda feels like it burns my mouth. lol
22. Take more pictures. 'Nuff said, really.
23. Do a load of laundry every 2 days. I'd love to keep up on laundry. It would be amazing really.
24. Get over my fear of Abe riding on a motorcycle. I know it's something I need to work on...it really freaks me out though. I'm scared to death of losing my best friend and my daughter's father. TERRIFIES me. I know he will do great though and won't be stupid. He promises to stay off of the interstate.
25. Get Paige potty trained. She is sooo close. So close. She always tells us that she poops. Right after of course. THEN she wants to sit on the potty. She wants to sit on the potty all the time, but never does anything and then tells us when it is too late. So, we are going to dive into that hardcore. Wish us luck.
26. Take Paige to the zoo. She loves animals, and I know she's be in seventh heaven!
27. Reach 300 subscribers for my newsletter. I'm at about 140 right now, so I'm hoping and hoping that I can reach that by Sept. 1st.
28. Ween Paige from the watching of Elmo. The girl is obsessed and she watches it too much. Granted...her "watching" consists of doing everything other than watching it...but still. It's on in the background and is gonna drive me bonkers!
29. Teach Paige the ABC's. She can sing up to the E, and she can repeat them all to us very well. So, we are working with her to be able to sing them all. I doubt it will be done by the end of summer, but we can sure try!
30. Find a better way to organize my coupons. I can't seem to find something that I like and can stick with. I will figure something out this summer.
I wrote this for Mama Kat's Writing Workshop. Head on over to check out the prompts, write your little heart out, and link up!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love me some comments!!