Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dear Laziness..

I'm participating in Mama Kat's Writing Workshop this week. Better late than never right? lol

Mama's Losin' It
Here were her prompts:

Your Assignment, Should You Choose To Accept
The writing prompts this week are:
1.) The Love List. Write a list of 50 things you look for in a man.
2.) Write a poem about a picture.
3.) What does your child do that reminds you most of yourself? How does it make you feel?
4.) Write a letter to whatever is stopping you from losing the extra weight you'd like to lose.
5.) What summer means to your family.
Don't forget to link up this Thursday, June 24th!

I chose # 4. "Write a letter to whatever is stopping you from losing the extra weight you'd like to lose."

Dear Laziness, You are the reason that I have not lost this baby weight. Paige is now 2 years old, and I'm still nearly 40 lbs heavier than I was prior to getting pregnant. 

When Paige was newborn, my excuse was that I was exhausted...which is true. I was. 

Then, she turned 8 weeks old, and I started working part time. My excuse then was that I didn't have time, and I was too tired. The latter part was true. I was working part time, and still getting up at night to nurse. It was rough. 

Then, I joined a gym. Paige was about 9 months old or so. I had friends to go with, and it was all fine and dandy. I went for about a month, nearly every day, and I lost 10 lbs during that time frame. I felt amazing! 

And....then we moved. We moved about 15 miles away. Not far, but far enough that I convinced the gym to let me out of my contract. I worked in the little town we moved to, and had no reason to go into downtown La Crosse. None whatsoever. 

So, I had BIG plans of taking my baby on a walk every single day. Again, I was too busy. I worked a full time job and then came home to take care of a family. That was my excuse anyway. 

Now, here we are a year later, and I've made no progress. I whine and complain about how I look, and yet I sit here, doing nothing about it. I complain to Abe, and all he says is "If you are that unhappy, do something about it." 

The first time he said that, I got angry. I took it as a personal insult. Now, I see that he was just saying what needed to be said. I essentially have no room to complain, if I'm not doing anything to better myself. 

So, LAZINESS, this is my letter to you. You have stood in my way for entirely too long, and I have no one to blame but myself. 

5 comments:

  1. You are not alone. That's all I need to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good gravy, I'm in a close relationship to Laziness too! I'm thinking Mr. Laziness gets around. (>.<) Great post! (Visiting via Mama Kat)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not alone. It is HARD to get motivated and STAY motivated. But trust me, you CAN do this!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suggestion you watch the "Losing It With Jillian" show while you lift weights or do sit-ups, lunges or push-ups--something. Take a walk each day--just do it.

    Stopping by from Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same problem - I'm always making excuses (albeit, mostly legitimate excuses) but, I know if I just put the effort in, I'll feel better.

    P.s. Love your daughter's name - it's on my list of names if we ever have a baby.. :)

    Stopped by from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete

I love me some comments!!